Regain Your Momentum
Do you feel like nothing is going the way you planned? You keep pushing a boxcar uphill with no real results? Don't quit! There's help! It's fine to take a step back and re-group but it's important to get going again. Here are seven ways that will help you do just that.
1. LOOK UP. When you’re pushing and working hard with few results, you tend to look down at the place you’re stuck. Take time to look up and all around you-even take a walk. You might see a new opportunity.
2. CONSIDER MEDITATION. You don’t have to go off in the land of ums and ahs, but stop to let your mind rest from your situation. Studies document that concentration and focused attention buffers the brain against effects of chronic stress.
3. HONESTLY EVALUATE YOUR SITUATION. With a clearer mind, look at your business model-is it really working? How are your finances? Evaluate as many areas as possible, writing everything longhand in your journal. Journaling is a wonderful tool. Do it often.
4. TALK TO YOUR OLDER SELF. What do you see yourself doing in five years? Ten years? Picture yourself, then evaluate whether or not the sacrifices you are making now will pay off. Do you need to change your course slightly? Evaluate and write in your journal.
5. CONFIDE IN A TRUSTED FRIEND. Spend time with someone who will listen, not just talk, judge and lecture you. As you talk over your situation, you may gain clarity for some issues you are facing.
6. WRITE OUT A PLAN. Look at all your options. If you love what you do, identify the ways you can keep the momentum in your life and work. If you need to change, start with a couple short-term achievable goals and start moving on them right away.
7. REWARD YOURSELF. Define a small treat for when you achieve one of your short-term goals--then enjoy it! If you are dieting, make your treat guilt-free or you’ll feel like quitting again! Find what works for you and your situation.
If you are looking to lower stress, do something you've always wanted to do for you--start a piano course! Keys to the Keyboard is a great place to begin. It's not only for beginner and intermediate players, but also for music majors who want to pass piano proficiency, worship leaders and instructors. Start FREE now!
Keys to the Keyboard 9 video series on chord-comping basics!
9 videos with detailed instruction!
A Quiet Solace 10 videos with detailed instruction!
In the Garden 10 videos with detailed instruction!