Can’t seem to get started on making some needed changes in your life? Are you tired even thinking about beginning a new program or going down a new path?
The key is to take one step at a time! This involves putting one foot in front of the other. Here are seven incentives that will help you do just that.
1. DON’T SET RESOLUTIONS-DEFINE SMALL GOALS. A goal should be achievable and doesn’t have to be large. Small, specific steps will help you gain big results. If you don’t start today, you’ll still be in the same place next year, discouraged and doing what you’ve always done.
2. ASK QUESTIONS. Why are you pursuing the path you’re on? Take time with your journal to write down answers. Why you’re working in your field, living where you’re living, have the relationships you have.
3. MAKE CHANGES. Don’t like what you’re doing? Change it up now. Put a plan in place to make it happen. If your change involves a relationship or new business, get wise counsel
4. GET A PHYSICAL CHECKUP. Many hormonal changes occur in different decades of your life. Keep up with normal checkups. Make an appointment if you need extra help with a particular ailment. It could be very worthwhile and explain many of your emotional rollercoaster feelings.
5. REWARD YOURSELF. Define five things that you’d work hard for. Ideas: chocolate, a long walk, a meal out. If you are on a diet, don’t blow it big as you’ll feel less motivated to continue.
6. MAKE A VISUAL DREAMBOARD. This helps many with goals. Put on it everything that you’d like to achieve in the next ten years. Use pictures if possible. Place it in a place where it’s easily accessed.
7. NOTE YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Keep track of even small accomplishments. Change your path or method if you find yourself not accomplishing what you desire. Find a trusted friend to share your small goals and accomplishments with. If at all possible, celebrate together!
If you are looking to lower stress, do something you've always wanted to do for you--start a piano course! Keys to the Keyboard is a great place to begin. It's not only for beginner and intermediate players, but also for music majors who want to pass piano proficiency, worship leaders and instructors. Start FREE now!
Keys to the Keyboard 9 video series on chord-comping basics!
9 videos with detailed instruction!
A Quiet Solace 10 videos with detailed instruction!
In the Garden 10 videos with detailed instruction!