About Deborah Johnson,M.A.
My experience as a successful entrepreneur in the volatile field of Performing Arts makes me uniquely qualified to speak on the subject of positive mental code in life and leadership. Creating personal and professional momentum, working with a wide variety of team members including agents, managers, meeting planners and scores ofartists and actors has equipped me in running numerous varied projects and programs. I have discovered how to walk the delicate tightrope of negotiation in running showcase rooms across the country, with artists, agents, managers and hotels. I love to create and inspire others to use their skills, talents and resources to be the very best they can be.
Born on a Dairy Farm, I understand the value of HARD WORK. My father was raised milking cows. I heard the story often of how he had to get up multiple times a night to milk cows. There was no automation and somehow they all survived and thrived! The smell of fresh milk from a cow still brings back vivid memories!
A little more about my background...
Inspirational speaker, author and international award-winning music artist, helps others get unstuck by producing and executing a successful plan for their second half. Up for multiple GRAMMYAwards and spending over 20 years in the entertainment industry, she's an expert on how to constantly reinvent yourself in a gig-economy. Deborah is the author of four books, coming out with her fifth, The Summit, fall 2021, and speaks and performs in both live and virtual events. She is also the past president of the National Speakers Association, Los Angeles.
“I see so many not using their skills, talents and resources at the halftime of life. If you are there, I can help you but you have to take the first step!”
My grandmother on my mom's side was a violinist and also played mandolin. She was an immigrant from Italy, playing in Carnegie Hall when she was 16 years old. She graduated from the New York Conservatory of Music, which was quite a landmark for a woman in her era. She then entered an arranged marriage, had a dozen children and really never played again. To carry on her legacy, one of my sisters became a wonderful violinist and I was her accompanist for years. I have also used her on some of my recordings.
During one of my original musical world premieres, the theatre was red-tagged and I definitely felt stuck! However, through that experience, staying strong and making quick, assertive decisions for a large group of actors was imperative in discovering viable solutions. (fortunately the fire department came and opened up the theatre at the last moment and the show went on!)
What Others Say
Deborah Johnson is a pro. Her ideas are fresh; her openness is genuine.
/ Presenter, Producer, Executive Director and Consultant
The depth of layers that Ms. Johnson was able to bring to each session was magnified by her high level of musical ability…an asset to any organization.
/ Retreat Coordinator
Gave me a new perspective of how to move forward. Thank you!
/ TOPS International Days Conference
...for many more reviews, contact us!
Some things I've Done...
- Toured the country and world as a headline music entertainer. Performed with DoubleGrandePianos.com and produced her own solo show, touring around the country. Also wrote & produced over 2 dozen albums. Keynote video and breakout content on DeborahJohnsonSpeaker.com
- Music and Compositions up for multiple GRAMMY Awards.
- Hosted and Produced Women at Halftime Podcast with 200+ shows and counting...
- Self-published six books in multiple versions.
- Created Multiple Online Instruction Programs, including a 42 video course on Getting Unstuck with downloadable study guide for each lesson. Thousands enrolled.
- Multiple trademarks including Hero Mountain® Core Common Denominator® Roundabout Hero™ HALFERS Tool ®
- Over 130,000+ views, 700+ videos on YouTube Channel and proficient with Final Cut Pro editing.
- Created and maintains multiple websites, regularly putting out blogs and new content. Has put out a weekly eArticle for over 20 years .
- Produced, Promoted & MC'd showcase rooms for four years in regional Arts Conferences around the U.S. -including renting grand pianos!
- Has over over 150 selections of sheet music + books available for immediate download on SheetMusicPlus.com. Uses Finale Software. Also provides spiral bound print books, CD's and song/instrumental track MP3 downloads.
- Transcribed and Formatted Scores for two full length musicals for Samuel French Publishers.
- College & University Instructor Cal Poly University, Chaffee College, Grace Graduate School.
- Visual Performance & Community Arts top Excellence Award - Chaffey College, Rancho Cuc. CA
- Lecturer of the Year Award; Research, Scholarship & Creative Grant - Calif. State University, Pomona.
- Top Student Educator Award, Calif. State University, Northridge.
I built a business as a professional pianist and vocal entertainer and also taught musical skills from the private to the graduate levels. In all these endeavors I developed successful solutions and systems to either develop my business or develop students skills so they could build their own careers. Putting systems together has also helped me create dozens of albums, write four books, three full-length musicals and hundreds of songs, many up for GRAMMY Awards. The system works!
Women at Halftime Book
...available in all versions including Audible. Get your “Free Introduction”